- Avora Ltd (“we” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
- As a customer or a visitor to our website we, and the, companies that work on our behalf collect information on you. This includes your personal information and information we may buy.
- The companies that work on our behalf
- These are the companies that help us deliver our services to you. They include our marketing agencies/data hosting provider(s)/email service provider(s).
- We only choose those companies who prioritise the protection of personal information and that pass the strict organisational and technical security standards that we set.
- The companies that work on our behalf include:
- Our marketing agencies that provide analysis and understanding of our customers.
- Our data hosting providers that host and store information in relation to our customers.
- Our email service provider broadcasts emails to our customers.
- Personal Information
- This is information that can identify you and includes the information you provide us with when you purchase from our website.
- For example, your name and address, email address, telephone number and payment card information.
- We process this information for the purposes of dealing with your inquiries and requests, providing and personalising our services, administering membership records, processing your payment, maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource, to notify you about changes to our service, and carrying out market research campaigns.
- Information that we may buy
- If we purchase information about you from another company, such as marketing lists, we promise to take all the necessary checks to make sure your information was collected legally.
- We may also purchase profile information from other companies to better understand our customers and our market. This helps us to provide you with better suited products and services.
- The companies that work on our behalf
- We also collect information on your use of our website, including how you arrived at our website in the first place by using cookies or other tracking technologies.
- Information on your use of our website
- We collect information about your use of our website. This includes the pages of our website that have been viewed by you and for how long, and your website journey. This is done by cookies or other tracking technologies and will include your IP address, and if you have logged in, your log-in details too.
- How you arrived at our website
- We collect information about how you arrived at our website in the first place. This can include what links or adverts of ours you’ve viewed or clicked on to reach us, or any search terms you’ve used. If we understand how you look for us, we hope to make it easier to be found.
- If you see an advert of ours elsewhere, we or our ad agencies that work on our behalf, place a cookie on your browser. This is so that when you arrive at our website we can recognise that you’ve seen an advert of ours elsewhere.
- Cookies or other tracking technologies
- What is a cookie?A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables Avora to collect information about your browsing patterns. This then allows us to tailor Avora to your interests. They are widely used in order to make websites work as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.If you choose, the use of a cookie also lets you automatically log-in to our website so that you do not have to re-enter your email and/or password each time you visit. We use a variety of cookies, as they perform different functions.
- Technical reasons, for example to balance website traffic to ensure that you receive a consistent and reliable service.
- To enhance the ease of use of Avora users, for example remembering your preferences or login details.
- Gathering statistics on how users access and use Avora.
- to help us understand how you engage with our emails and to tailor their content so that it is relevant to you.
Our cookies are set out below:
Cookie Name Purpose JSESSIONID (app.avora.io) To keep you logged in to our website _ga (avora.io) Google Analytics – to understand the behaviour of our traffic _gat (avora.io) Google Analytics – to understand he behaviour of our traffic DoubleClick (avora.io) Retargetting advertising
- Other cookies: We may sometimes embed advertisements from our advertising partners or video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information
- Can you turn off these cookies? You can change your browser settings to turn off cookies. However, if you do change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot be provided to you and you may not be able to have the full advantages of Avora’s features.Please contact us at [email protected] if you require information about disabling any cookies on our website.
- Information on your use of our website
- Some other companies also collect certain information on you when you use our website, such as web analytic companies. This includes companies involved in:
- We will only keep information about you for as long as we need to, and we make sure that any companies that process your information on our behalf do the same. We have an internal retention policy, where there are varying retention periods for different categories of information depending on our legal obligations and whether there is a commercial need.
MARKETING AND COMMERCIAL USE
- When you gave us your information, you will have been offered the opportunity to sign up to our marketing communications. We will send you emails/ texts/ phone you on a weekly/ monthly/ quarterly basis. depending on the preferences you stated when you bought from us/ joined our marketing lists. If we pass your information on to any other company for marketing purposes it will only be with your explicit consent, and only to companies we trust to keep your information secure and those who have passed our internal checks.
- If you have agreed to marketing from other companies via us, we are happy to provide you with a list of those companies. Please see ‘Contact Us‘ below.
- You can subscribe to or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time and we will action your request as quickly as possible. You can do so by:
- Writing to us at 4th Floor, 121 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 6QL
- Emailing us at [email protected]
- We will only share information under the following circumstances:
- With our company group and with any successors in title to our business.
- With government, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies when we consider the disclosure to be fair, reasonable and legal.
- With companies for marketing purposes, with your explicit consent and only to companies we trust to keep your information secure and that pass our internal checks.
- With service providers, only if necessary, with third party consultants, contractors or other service providers who may access your personal information when providing services (including but not limited to IT support services) to us. We will share your information with auditors or contractors or other advisors auditing, assisting with or advising on any of our business purposes.
- We take the security of your information very seriously, and have controls and processes to minimise the risk of a data breach occurring, though you must take responsibility when visiting other websites, even if following a link to them from our website.
- Controls and processes
- We take the security of our customers’ data very seriously. We use technical and organisational measures to keep your data as secure as possible.
- Technical measures include multiple layers of firewalls, specialist devices to detect and prevent intrusion attempts and encryption systems to ensure data is scrambled while being transmitted from system to system. We perform regular system patching, and employ an independent security company to perform penetration tests (authorised attempts to try to hack our systems to show any risks) annually and whenever we bring new systems online.
- Organisational measures include relevant policies and procedures, periodic security reviews and clearly defined responsibilities for security. We employ equally rigorous physical security polices to prevent physical access to our data centres.
- All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our your personal information.
- All your card details are passed from your browser to Stripe using encryption. Your user admin area is protected by your user name and password, which you should never divulge to anyone else
- Other websites
- We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our website. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have any concerns or questions.
- Controls and processes
- In the event that a breach does occur, we will take appropriate steps to notify you if you are, or could be, affected and will make all efforts to minimise the impact. If we discover that your personal information has been breached and it could adversely affect you – and we have the means to let you know – we will do so as quickly as possible. If we can, we will tell you how the breach occurred, its nature, the steps we have taken to rectify its adverse effects and the steps you can take. We will provide you with details of who you can contact here if you have any queries and details of the regulator – the Information Commissioner’s Office – should you want to speak to them.
- We use some companies to process information which are based overseas and outside Europe. We ensure that they have strict checks and controls in place to keep your information safe.
- We ensure all information sent overseas is dealt with only by companies who we trust and have passed our internal checks and controls.
- You can ask us for a copy of your information or to correct
- the information we hold on you at any time.
- For a copy of your information
- If you would like a copy of some or all of the personal information of yours we hold, please contact us at at [email protected] We will do our best to respond to you as quickly as possible and in any event, within 40 days of receipt of your request.
- To correct your information
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please always let us know if you think it is not.
THE DATA PROTECTION ACT
- We comply with the principles set out in the
Data Protection Act 1998
- . Avora is registered as a Data Controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and we ensure we comply with all the protection the Act affords to you. Our registration number is ZA069431
- If you have a question, complaint or query with regards to how we use your information, please contact us
- and we will do our best to resolve it as soon as possible.
- If you have a question, complaint or query around how we use your information, please email us at [email protected]
- We will try respond to you within 48 hours
- If you have a complaint regarding the use of your information by us, you can also complain to the regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office.